Name: Jarius Morehead
School: North Carolina State
Position: LB
Height: 6’0″
Weight: 220

Q: What goals did you set and/or accomplish in your final collegiate season?

My goal was to be the best teammate and player I could be. I wanted to be a team captain. Come to practice with the same energy that I had the first day and set the tempo every day in practice.

Q: What would your coaches and teammates say about the type of player you are?

They would all say: “I’m student of the game. I love to work hard and want to know the why of everything. I‘m a physical and smart player who is a hard worker and well respected and loves to coach and be around his position group.

Q: When you are studying film, what do you focus on to improve your game?

I focus on the key player of their offense or special teams. I watch about 70% of formations and alignments, the other 30% on making all the calls that we have that week. Formation is a big give away in college and you learn so much about the offense than you think you know.

Q: What separates you from the other pro prospects at your position?

I can play multiple positions. I can play LB, OLB, SS, FS. Throughout my four years I played, I knew everyone’s responsibilities on each play. I can break down a defense in a blink and that’s what makes me special. It’s like having a coach on the field with you. I am a DB who is not scared to set an edge.

Q: What is your offseason plan to train and prepare for professional opportunities?

My main focus was to gain weight and get faster. I chose to stay in Raleigh, NC. I train in Cary, NC at a facility called Parisi where I did all my speed development and explosive movement. Then I would do the same at the Murphy center (NC State Facility).

Q: What kind of strengths and abilities will you bring to a team that will stand out both on and off the field?

I demonstrate leadership on and off the field. I am a great guy in public and I am a responsible guy that you don’t have to worry about. If you ask me, I’m a loyal player to any organization; I’m willing to do whatever it is to bring my team success.

Q: What is your final pitch to the NFL/CFL or any other pro leagues?

I just need an opportunity to show my talent. My work ethic, determination and leadership will take me a long way in life and in football. I am positive person and I believe that I have what it takes to play at the next level.