Jordan Johnson: 2022 Pro Prospect Interview
Name: Jordan Johnson
School: Guilford College
What goals did you set and/or accomplish in your final collegiate season?
- To make All-Conference
- Be a Conference champion
- Win a ring
- Have a 1,000 yard season
- Unfortunately that didn’t happen. Causing us to have 2 games canceled due to covid, us being very young at every position, and with a new coaching staff it’s a process, but I believe that things will turn around at Guilford. For the most part, every game I played in I made a big impact.
Q: How do you think you took advantage of the extra year of eligibility to increase your chances of going pro?
- By working on my craft every day
- Finding ways to get better to become a complete receiver
- Watching films on NFL players that I pattern my game after.
- Working on techniques and eye coordination.
- Working out with NFL players and picking their brains.
Q: What would your coaches and teammates say about the type of player you are?
My coaches would say that I’m a vocal leader. I won’t give up. My work ethic is outstanding and I can make big plays when needed. For my teammates they would say I’m a dog and that I’m a fearless, a true competitor and I love to compete with anyone, even if it’s my teammates and I want to make them better. Also, I am a selfless player.
Q: When you are studying film, what are the things you focus on to improve your game?
- Getting to the right depth in my routes.
- Be more fluid in and out of my routes.
- Stop raising up at the top of my routes.
Q: What separates you from the other pro prospects at your position?
- Change of direction
- Being consistent every day
- Light on feet
Q: What is your offseason plan to train and prepare for professional opportunities?
My plans are to train every day with my trainer working on my 40 yard dash. Going to the weight room consistently working on my bench press and more. Training to be more explosive at the line. Continue to improve my route running. Also, working on eye coordination and doing recovery workouts.
Q: What kind of strengths and abilities will you bring to a team that will stand out both on and off the field?
Being consistent. Be a team leader. Staying in the weight room and film room to better myself every day. Staying out of trouble off the field. Also, bonding with your teammates and being organized.
Q: What is your final pitch to the NFL and any other pro leagues?
I’m a firm believer that I have what it takes to be a professional on and off the field. My outstanding work ethic and my determination to go pro will lead me to be a great player at the next level and I have a lot of trust and faith in that. I am just waiting for my opportunity to show it and ready to bet on myself to get the job done.